Saturday, January 5, 2013

Re-cap


I am on a mission to re-purpose the wondrous Motorola Atrix Lapdock.

I am using it with a iMito MX2 successfully. I am running Finless 1.5 720P ANDROID. Also am able to boot into Ubuntu via VNC and also boot into it off a MICRO-SD via recovery workaround.



I had some issues with the MICRO USB cable which I fixed by soldering the GRND to the Sense pin. ( 5th pin to 4th pin on the male end that connects into the MX2 MICRO USB labeled slot.



My current project is to use it as a portrait mode 2nd monitor for my lap dock for coding/CLI.


I stripped down one of my lap-docks to the bones.


4 comments:

  1. Hi it's great project.
    I got a atrix 2 lapdock-100. It cannot work with my iMito MX2 :(
    I only saw the post screen for a few times then it never lights up again.
    The MX2 works on TV. No idea what to do now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had some issues with the MICRO USB cable which I fixed by soldering the GRND to the Sense pin. ( 5th pin to 4th pin on the male end that connects into the MX2 MICRO USB labeled slot.
    Wouls this solve my problem with the raspberry pi ? The lapdock screen goes black after 5 seconds.

    gr.Peter

    ReplyDelete
  3. How were you able to remove the battery? I was told it was bonded to the case, just wondering how difficult it was and how to approach it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can find the usb pin color by searching on google. Dont forget to plug the white and black pin togheter to able the lapdock to be recognize.

    ReplyDelete